Orthotics are a prescribed shoe ‘insert’ or ‘insole’ placed inside your shoes to promote healthy foot and leg function.
Orthotics can help to relieve pain, heal injured tissue and musculature by reducing strain and can be used as a prophylactic method. The work to alter the centre of pressure, ground force reaction and the way your bones, muscles, joints and soft tissues function and move through the gait cycle.
How are these orthotics prescribed?
- A detailed history is taken
- A full biomechanical examination is conducted
- Get analysis is performed and evaluated
- All regular footwear is examined
- A diagnosis is made based on the clinical findings
- The treatment option and plan is then discussed with the client
What can orthotics help with?
- Facilitate the healing of damaged muscles and tissues – e.g. plantar fasciitis
- Relieve pressure from painful areas – e.g. corns, calluses and ulcers
- Improve walking and running techniques
- Stabilize and support the feet and body
- Support foot and leg abnormalities – e.g. limb length discrepancy
- Reduce pain from systemic conditions – e.g. Arthritis
And so much more!