Just as you usually take care of your body, face and hair, you shouldn’t go a day without taking care your feet.
- Check them daily for cuts, sores, swelling, and infected toenails.
- Clean them well in warm water but avoid soaking them because that may dry them out.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting shoes, there shouldn’t be any pressure on feet.
- Flip-flops and flats are not recommended, they do not provide enough arch support.
- Moisturize them every day with lotion, cream, or petroleum jelly, but avoid between your toes
- Trim your toenails straight across with a nail clipper. Then use nail file to smooth the corners, which lowers the risk of the nails growing into your skin.
- Avoid wearing the same pair of shoes every day, rotate your shoes.